The Multi Donor Trust Fund (MDTF) project ‘Economic Revitalization of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA)’ is an initiative for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa & Newly Merged Area to provide support to the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), attract Diaspora investment, and strengthen institutional capacities to foster investment, implement regulatory reforms and Promotion of Competitive Sectors. The project is a response to the priority interventions identified under the donor-supported Post Crisis Needs Assessment (PCNA) Report.
The Project is divided in three components:
- Component 1: SME Development
- Component 2: Investment Mobilization
- Component 3: Capacity Building to Foster Investment and Implement Reforms
- Component 4: Promotion of Competitive Sectors
Main objectives of the project are to:
- Upgrade productivity and enhance product quality of SMEs.
- Enhance economic growth to boost employment opportunities in the Province.
- Engage potential youth in economic activities of the Province.
- Create corporate culture in the Province.
- Increase tourist’s activities in the Province.
- Increase in institutional effectiveness through strengthened capacity.
- 12,000 new direct & indirect jobs generated.
- 660 SMEs across the province upgraded/rehabilitated.
- Tourism sector promoted.
- Tourism Sector Survey conducted.
- 100 tourist guides and tour operators trained in hospitality and enterprise skills.